Wu-Tang Clan & Rage Against the Machine single (not a mashup) from back when they did their tour together.
Re-posting since my old post seems to be dead now for whatever reason
Q:I just stumbled across your sound clip of the Avetts playing PGF Cedar Lane and it was fantastic! Do you happen to have anymore clips from that show? :)
Yep - I have that whole show I believe
Q:Great post on the Avett NYE show with videos. I was trying to scrounge together the set-list so thanks! I created a spotify playlist with the tunes. Look for it under Avett NYE 2012 by Ryan Boyles.
awesome! That will make for a great coding soundtrack
Q:Just wanted to say thank you for putting this together. What a magical night!
you are very welcome! makes it handy to watch on our Roku :)
The Avett Brothers
Greensboro Coliseum NYE 2012/2013
Crowd sourced playlist of (almost) the whole show.
- Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise
- Go to Sleep
- Down with the Shine
- The Fall
- Distraction #74
- Life (With Bonnie)
- Paranoia in B-flat Major
- At the Beach
- Pretty Girl From Cedar Lane
- Live and Die
- Hand-Me-Down Tune
- Operator (That’s Not the Way It Feels) (Jim Croce cover)
- The Ballad of Love and Hate
- Ten Thousand Words
- February Seven
- Laundry Room
- Old Joe Clark
- Kick Drum Heart (missing except Seth Solo)
- Geraldine (partial)
- Auld Lang Syne (Jammed into 2013!)
- Talk on Indolence
- Murder in the City
- Living of Love
- Salvation Song (with Bonnie)
- I Killed Sally’s Lover
- I and Love and You (Missing)
After that other footage / repeats and such
It was another great one - enjoy.
Watch the previous years
- NYE 2011/2012 -> http://tumblrweeds.com/day/2012/01/02
- April 11, 2011 -> Charlotte Show http://tumblrweeds.com/day/2011/04/12
- NYE 2010/2011 -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmaTE_jG1yA&feature=share&list=PLD096B57ECDFEFB3E
25th Anniversary of You’re Living All Over Me
Terminal 5, NYC
December 1, 2012
- Thumb (with Suzanne Thorpe of Mercury Rev)
- Little Fury Things (with Lee Ranaldo)
- The Lung
- In A Jar
- Poledo (Lou Barlow)
- Almost Fare (with Frank Black)
- Tame (Pixies Cover) (J Mascis, Lou Barlow, Frank Black & Kyle Spence)
- Alone (J Mascis, Kurt Vile, Al Cisneros & Kyle Spence)
- Don’t Pretend You Didn’t Know
- Watch the Corners
- The Wagon (with Kevin Drew & Johnny Marr)
- The Boy with the Thorn in His Side (the Smiths Cover) (J Mascis, Lou Barlow, Johnny Marr & Dale Crover)
- Training Ground (Deep Wound Cover) (J Mascis, Lou Barlow & Dale Crover)
- Gargoyle (J Mascis, Lou Barlow & Dale Crover)
- Crucified (Iron Cross Cover) (J Mascis, Lou Barlow, Dante Ferrando, Graham Clise & Don Flemming)
- Don’t (with Kim Gordon & Don Flemming)
- T.V. Eye (The Stooges Cover) (J Mascis, Tommy Stinson, Fred Armisen & John Petkovic)
- Start Choppin (with Kevin Drew)
- Freak Scene
Download the whole show here:
Need a dropbox account? -> http://db.tt/J3s2pcWO
MP3 Mutation for download from dropbox -> http://bit.ly/YLAOM25MP3
original flac on Dime by mrsaureus -> http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=430510
Dinosaur Jr “Keep The Glove (Alternate take)” from the Blast First printing of the “Just Like Heaven” CD single which also had the Radio Edit version of “Freak Scene” on it.
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion with Beck & Mike D of the Beastie Boys - “Flavor (remix)” from the Experimental Remixes album. Ripping the blues straight from your vest, this still has the flavor after all these years.
Lots of other guest on that album too: UNKLE, Mario Caldato Jr., Dub Narcotic Sound System, Moby and GZA (featuring Killah Priest).
Marley Carroll - “Flying Nomura Theme Parts 1 and 2”
I played this album on my way to work this morning for the first time in a couple years. This song floored me all over again. I found out about Marley Carroll when I was living in NC. He’s a DJ/Producer/Multi-instrumentalist based in Asheville. Also, rad.
Love this track
The Avett Brothers - “Pretty Girl From Cedar Lane” Live at Byrne’s Pub, Columbus Ohio July 20th, 2005.
My favorite live Avett Brothers track but my wife caught something interesting today. At the beginning of the track Scott is giving the backstory about how it is a song about stalking a girl around Greenville, NC that lived on Cedar Lane which is funny in itself but just before they start playing he blurts out “This song is influenced by Dinosaur Jr” which you may have noticed I am a bit of a fan of as well. ;) Did not see that one coming.